Monday, April 15, 2013

North Carolina & 100 miles

Well... I made it into North Carolina on Saturday. The border sign was less than I expected (picture below). I also hit my first 100 miles today (Sunday). However, after about 10 miles my feet start to ache something fierce. Because of that, I will be stopping in Franklin to look at Dr. Scholls or some stiffer shoes. I will also be sending home two more pounds of gear that I don't need.

I'd like to give a little shout out to BJ and Champ for sticking it out through the storm on Thursday evening last week. Hump and I bumped into them a little north of Dicks Creek on Saturday as we returned to the trail. They're some good people and I wish them the best. I've included a photo below of them plus Hump and I.



1 comment:

  1. We had a great time hiking with you. We wish you the best of luck. Remember Johnston's Jumpoff! B.J. and Champ

    ReplyDelete